[digiKam-users] Database folder not found & maps not displaying

Alan H webaccounts at live.com
Sat Jul 27 05:05:13 BST 2019

I’m reviewing digiKam for Windows (6.1.0). The UI for mapping is the best I’ve seen. However, when editing tags/keywords and selecting “Write Metadata to File” I get a database folder not found/cannot create message. In my “Pictures” folder “digiKam DBs” is listed as a file not a folder (see - digiKam support 1.jpg). Is that correct?

Thinking the app had not installed properly I uninstalled digiKam and then reinstalled it. “digiKam DBs” was again created in Pictures as a file according to Windows. Upon reinstallation though, the mapping function ceased to display (see - digiKam support 2.jpg). I really like the program but am at a loss on how to fix this. Suggestions/fixes would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Nicasol