[digiKam-users] "Legible themes"

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jul 17 10:40:02 BST 2019

On mercredi 17 juillet 2019 10:47:40 CEST Rafael Linux wrote:
> I'm using one of the defaults OpenSUSE Plasma themes ("OpenSUSE" theme). But
> even with "Brisa dark", same result. The only way to see side tabs
> text/icons is with "Brisa", the only bright theme. But there is clear
> Digikam is applying a different text color the side tabs. It's distinct
> from the toolbar (that is always visible) and should be equal. Check it in
> previosly attached screenshots.

That screenshot has no image selected... And that grays out the whole right
sidebar for me, with no text for , except the tab labels...
After all, the right sidebar is mostly displaying information concerning the
*current* image, which doesn't exist in your screenshot (the *only* one I've
seen from you, btw.)

Concerning the tab labels, have you checked in Digikam settings, "Views"
section, if you have custom fonts active: the first two tabs ("Icons" and
"treeviews") allow using either the system font or a custom font.

Thing is, now I know you are also using OpenSUSE, I can try to reproduce the
problem. *Try* is the key here: I cannot get a combination where the labels
become unreadable. But I'm using the Digikam 6.1.0 from OpenSUSE Leap 15.0,
KDE:Extra repo, so *not* the appimage version.

And as Maik explained rather early in this thread, the appimage versions only
have one style engine (Fusion), which seems to be a fairly limited one
(understandable, as you want to keep an appimage reasonably compact). Perhaps
that explains the problems you see.

Good luck

Remco