[digiKam-users] writing sidecar files configuration

tomyzebman tomymtnman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 06:20:15 GMT 2019

I believe it also is in reference to the fact that some versions of digiKam
will create a sidecar even for .jpg and .tif if you wish not to have data
written into the .jpg file, or you can have both. The most recent version
that I have has done away with this, but the choice is still listed.  Most
photo mgmt. software does not give the choice to create a file such as
"file.jpg.xmp" because .jpeg and .tiff are designed to be written into.
digiKam now seems to have followed this trend so this choice does not make
sense anymore. It only makes sense now if you can write into a raw file
which I am not sure you can do with digiKam.