[digiKam-users] How to use the same collection on an USB Hard disk on two computers with different OS ?

Pierre DELGOVE dp8700 at zaclys.net
Fri Jan 11 13:04:37 GMT 2019

Hi there !

I recently made the shift from Lightroom to Digikam but I have a problem
using the same collection on an USB HD between two computers (one laptop
with windows 10 and one mac mini with a larger screen).

I'm keeping these OS because I'm quite happy with the results and ease
of use of DXO Photo Lab which runs on Mac and windows.

I read this thread :

http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/digiKam-users-DigiKam-and-multiple-computers-best-practices-td4705570.html

and I understood that the path should be exactly the same in Digikam
Configuration / Collection settings.

It appears that between the two platforms it couldn't be since Windows
name it "D:\Sauvegarde-1\Photos-Digikam" and Mac Os X
"/Volume/Sauvegarde-1/Photos-Digikam"

Thus, I can't open or preview the files when the collection was set with
the other OS. It says : «the storage location is currently unavailable»

Is there a way to solve this problem ?

Or should I use the same OS on my two computers ?

Maybe I should create two collections with the same folder on the two
platforms ?

Maybe this question may have been asked before in the forum and I
apologize if it had been the case.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Pierre