[digiKam-users] fuzzy search for duplicates - how to use?

Uwe Haider uwe.haider at gmx.net
Mon Jan 7 21:16:23 GMT 2019

hi together!

I try to clean up my collection with the fuzzy search for duplicates.

First I have to build the fingerprints.
Second step is to mark the folder/tags where to search.

I don't understand the "restrictions":

What is the pull down restrict to "only selected tab" / "one of" /
"both" / "albums but not text" / "tags but not albums" for ??

Next pull down restriction "none" "restrict to reference album" /
"exclude reference album" ??

What is the "reference Album" the first or the oldest album in the album
list? Can I select a reference album?

In the results list some pictures in several albums are marked as
reference. But I can't see why? There are albums in different album
trees marked as reference....

After finding the duplicates I want to delete all. The result list is
sorted by album and date. All albums together are containing ~ 250.000
pictures. I expect to get ~ 50.000 duplicates - hit "delete" will make
strong fingers :-(

Can it run automatic?

How to you use this feature?

Thanks for your advice.....