[digiKam-users] MP4 video orientation dk6b3

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 17:11:33 GMT 2019

Le sam. 5 janv. 2019 à 18:01, Maik Qualmann <metzpinguin at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> With my developer version everything is fine, thumbnail is in portrait
> mode
> and will play like that. With the AppImage the video is played incorrectly
> -
> strange. The correct video orientation (90) is found in the AppImage. I
> suspect a problem with the used QtAV version. Gilles, is QtAV from git /
> master?

More and less. It's git/master but not updated since a while. This can be
the problem...

And in fact QtAv have not been released since more than one year. The devel
continue as i can see the commit in github, but stabilisation of code take
age.
I open a file in github to ask a release plan : no response...

Also, take a care : ffmpeg in AppImage still the last 3.x stable release,
not 4.x.

Gilles