[digiKam-users] Crash (Captions, Stars) Version 6.0.0 beta 3

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 15:32:27 GMT 2019

Le mar. 1 janv. 2019 à 16:25, papertape <plowmail2010 at gmail.com> a écrit :

> I do not have DrMinGW installed.
> I used the official installation procedure.
> I will try DrMinGW and DebugView.exe, if circumstances force me to.

No, DrMinGw crash handler is included in digiKam as well. there is nothing
to install.

If this one do not provide a dialog to report the crash backtrace to
developers (as under Linux), so i suspect that Windows cut the processus in
the low level.
It's not a trivial digiKam crash in fact. It's a low level dysfunction in
Windows core or something like that.

Remember that under Windows, you have plenty of layer used to re-route the
processus runtime, as to check execution with Antivirus for ex. It's the
hell...

Another possible issue is a low level library which is not compiled with
debug symbol and DrMinGW do not found the right way to get the backtrace
and stop immediately...

Best

Gilles Caulier