[digiKam-users] Date taken tag for video files

nonobio nonobio at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 08:00:26 GMT 2019

Gilles Caulier-4 wrote
> Hi,
>
> The video file metadata are extracted, with... ffmpeg libraries.
>
> So, the difference can be relevant of codec implementation in ffmpeg. In
> fact we ask to fmmpeg to extract all metadata and pass the result that we
> parse to populate the database.
>
> If you want to compare yourself, open a console, go to your video file and
> run ffmpeg -i file.

Hi,

I'm on Windows, i didn't know where open the command so i downloaded binary
ffmpeg  here <https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/>   ; opened cmd in the same
folder as ffmpeg.exe; copied my video file in the same place and it worked
(but maybe you was asking me to do that somewhere else ? i didn't found the
ffmpeg used by digikam). Anyway, this is my result :

Creation_time is the wrong : "16:24" instead of "17:24" (this last is also
"wrong" as it is the end of the capture : see my others questions).

So it seems to be an ffmpeg issue. Should i submit the issue to ffmpeg ?

Thanks