[digiKam-users] database pointed at subset of same files in rearranged folders

Andrew Goodbody ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk
Sun Feb 24 18:48:21 GMT 2019

On 23/02/2019 18:36, Ty Mayn wrote:
>       Am i correct to think that the only actual deletion of a database
> record (ever) is under Maintenance>PerformDatabaseCleansing?

No. Records will eventually be deleted after a period of, I think, two
weeks, if the target is no longer available. It is a long enough period
that if you have a short term network failure, it will not immediately
remove the data, but also it will not keep records around for ever if
the files were deleted outside of digikam.

I would guess that the scan also records those files that are not
available. I am not sure what would eventually trigger the removal of
the records once the time above has expired, but that could be the scan
or it could be another house keeping process running periodically.

Andrew