[digiKam-users] Gimp, Kimageformats, Digikam, sun is shining...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 17:08:18 GMT 2019

Bad news : KDE frameworks KF5 version 5.55 require Qt 5.10 at least to
compile.
The Linux AppImage bundle use Qt 5.9.7 LTS. KF5 5.55 do not compile with
this version (i tried to hack).

So i updated at least to KF5 5.54 with is the last version compatible with
Qt 5.9.7 LTS.

This is another point that i hate to seen KDE not compatible with the Qt
long time support version. Passing to Qt 5.11 introduce regression and i
don't want to pass to Qt 5.12 until the LTS is declared by Qt team.

Including new Qt version in AppImage is complicated and require time. I
want to do it for the moment.

And i want to not talk about MAcOS support where Qt is only compatible with
more recent Apple SDK. So if we use Qt 5.12 in OSX package, it will be only
compatible with more recent version of MAcOS. The backward compatibility is
limited.

Funny, the only bundle which use Qt 5.12, and which is compiled with KF5
5.55, is... the windows installer. Thanks MXE cross compiler team which
support well last Qt version.

To resume : only the Windows installer of digiKam 6.1.0 has KImageFormat
framework with last XCF support...

Gilles Caulier