[digiKam-users] Problem with my Canon PowerShot A460

ratatouille ratatouille at nimmini.de
Mon Feb 18 18:09:12 GMT 2019

Hello!

Since I changed OS from openSUSE to LinuxMint I cannot import pictures
from my Canon PowerShot A460 anymore. It worked flawless before.

lsusb shows the camera as connected:
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 04a9:3149 Canon, Inc. PowerShot A460

Starting from the console and try to import something I get:

digikam.general: Found camera from ids  1193   12617  camera is:  "Canon PowerShot A460 (PTP mode)"  at  "usb:001,004"
digikam.geoiface: "setting backend marble"
digikam.general: AudioOutput backends: ("OpenAL", "Pulse", "null")
digikam.geoiface: "ROADMAP"
digikam.geoiface: "setting backend marble"
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to Digikam::DNGConvertSettings "", which already has a layout
digikam.geoiface: "ROADMAP"
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
digikam.import: Log ( ""   "" :  "Verbindung mit der Kamera wird hergestellt ..."
digikam.geoiface: ----
digikam.import: Failed to initialize camera!
digikam.import: Libgphoto2 error:  Could not claim the USB device  ( -53 )
digikam.import: Log ( ""   "" :  "Verbindung fehlgeschlagen."
QWidget::insertAction: Attempt to insert null action
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified

I don't know what is wrong or what to do. What could be the problem here?
I tried different USB-ports with same result.

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards

  Andreas