[digiKam-users] Lightroom XMP import

Sylwester Pietrzyk sylwester.pietrzyk at outlook.com
Tue Feb 12 15:28:56 GMT 2019

Hi,
I’m new to this list and generally DigiKam world. I’ve been looking for a sensible replacement for my Lightroom 5.x as it is aging badly. I was trying many all in one options like LR, but no solution was perfect. So I decided to take a look at separate DAM and RAW editor solutions. For RAW development Darktable suites my needs best. But its DAM is limited although it reads XMPs created in Lightroom nicely, retaining keywords and even some edits. I was trying to import the same XMPs in DigiKam but without any success. No matter if file extension was .cr2.xmp or just .xmp nothing was imported. I’ve found an information from about middle of 2018 that support for LR created XMPs is under work. Any news on that matter? I’d love to use DigiKam but my 34000 photos library would really love to be searched using keywords :-)

Best regards
Sylwek