[digiKam-users] digiKam 7.0.0-beta1 is released

Milind Joshi mmjoshi at iitbombay.org
Sun Dec 29 04:37:38 GMT 2019

OK. Understood. I normally don't use it from a USB but run it from a
local disk on my Windows machine. I prefer portable so that I do not
have to install it every time. I guess I can copy the digikamrc file
from my installed version to the portable installation to copy my options.

BTW, I googled a bit and came across this site which hosts a portable
version of digiKam 7.0.0 beta1.

https://foxxapp-paf.blogspot.com/2019/12/digikam-portable-beta.html

Apparently, it follows the same paf format as PortableApps platform and
also installs to the PortableApps directory. A virus check did not show
any threats. Is this a genuine port of digiKam? Have not executed it
yet. Just want to make sure!

mj