[digiKam-users] Cameraname in filename - is this possible?

Gerhard Hoogterp gerhard at frappe.xs4all.nl
Sat Dec 21 15:47:17 GMT 2019

On vrijdag 20 december 2019 09:33:00 CET Fabian Frank wrote:
> Ah, now I see...
> So this is it for me in this case. Things have to be quick.
> Import and than rename is not an option - very sad.
> I had the strong hope to get rid of my not open source import tool
> (which has VERY sophisticated downloading, renaming and folder options).
> But of course I will stick with DigiKam for all other stuff!
>
> Hope that some time there will be some quicker way to deal with
> downloading/renaming.

Of course you can do what I do, which is make a folder per camera, then year,
then the full date as folder. So it becomes /sony a65/2019/2019-01-01/
filename.arw

Then, depening on how many camera's you use at the same time, you can always
hardcode the cameraname using the customize option.

Last but not least there's an execute script option. Using exiftools the
renaming shouldn't be too difficult.

Good luck,
 Gerhard

--