[digiKam-users] Unable to display ARW files

Milind Joshi mmjoshi at iitbombay.org
Fri Dec 6 19:06:18 GMT 2019

I downloaded the portable version of DigiKam yesterday. I have a Sony A7
II camera. I was using Daminion so far and had tagged tagged my Sony as
well as Pentax (PEF) images. When I created the albums for my Pentax and
Sony collections, the Pentax PEF images get displayed correctly.
However, for the Sony ARW images, there is no thumbnail or preview
possible. I just get a placeholder image with ARW displayed on it. Do I
need to anything differently for the Sony images?

mj