[digiKam-users] Digikam wit NAS (Windows)

bingbonglong digikam at longandrew.co.uk
Fri Aug 30 19:29:41 BST 2019

Thank you all for your messages.

Firstly when I say "hang", perhaps I'm guilty of using a word from the FAQ.
Here's an explanation of my issue: I start Digikam. It spends a while
scanning my photos and eventually starts up. Some of the folders in the
Albums panel show photos when I click on them. Some don't. (They all have
pictures in really!). After a minute of so, none of the folders in the
Albums panel show any photos when I click on them. The program seems to
remain responsive to mouse clicks at all times.

I've managed to create a symlink as described in the workaround I mentioned
originally, so that the library file appears to be on a local drive, but
that hasn't changed the behaviour from what I described above.

I would really like to have the library file on the NAS so that I can run
Digikam on different PCs but always use the same library file.

I hope that has explained my problem a little more clearly. Thanks for any
further help you can offer.