[digiKam-users] Change Raw file orientation using metadata

Nicolas Boulesteix nico.boulesteix at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 11:46:48 BST 2019

Hi,

I just notice a matter when I rotate my RAW (fuji RAF) file in the album
view with DK 6.2 (but 6.1 too).

In deed, I use shortcut  shift+ctrl+left or right to change orientation to
the right or to the left. But if I change orientation this way, it seems
nothing is written in metadata (in the sidecar) and if I change another
metadata on the same file, for example if I just rate it, the orientation
is reset and not as modified before rating.

If I use instead "ajust exif orientation tag", the problem doesn't occur,
rating the picture doesn't  reset orientation and the orientation tag is
changed in metadata (in the sidecar file).

The matter doesn't occur with jpeg.

I don't know if there's some change, because I think, before, this
behaviour didn't occur, 6.1 seems to have the same behaviour but I didn't
notice it yet. I try on my previous workstation which still have DK 5.9,
and there's not this matter.

Digikam is set as follow in the metadata setting rotate tab :

X Rotate by oinly setting a flag
X Write flag to metadata if possible
X Show image/thumbnail rotated according to orientation tag
X Set orientation tag to normal after rotate/flip

Sidecar file are activated for readonly file.

I try to check/unckeck "set orientation tag to normal after rotate/flip",
but it doesn't seem to change anything.

Any help is welcome

Nicolas

--