[digiKam-users] More fighting with DigiKam

James Orr jorr1948 at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 25 00:58:14 BST 2019

I am using Win 10 Pro on a CyberPower tower configured desktop computer.

    3.70 gigahertz Intel Core i7-8700K
    Board: ASRock Z370 SLI Xtreme
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    16318 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
    ADATA SU650 [Hard drive] (480.10 GB) for programs
    Two TOSHIBA DT01ACA300 [Hard drive] (3000.59 GB) mirrored for data.
    My Pictures folder lives here.

The DK databases update when new files are added. Most of my new files
are CR2 raw from Canon EOS 6D Mk II. Database statistics show total
images as 17853 in 1080 folders. As far as I can tell from spot checks,
neither tagging nor color/pick labels stick. The database is configured
as SQLite.

Metadata behavior for WRITE TO METADATA, all are checked, except for
face tags. READING AND WRITING METADATA none are checked. SODECARS is
sent to READ FROM and not WRITE TO.

James M. Orr 2705 E Sussex Way Fresno, CA 93726