[digiKam-users] How can I keep Digikam synchronized on two systems?

woenx marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 30 18:13:43 BST 2018

What do you mean exactly by "make changes on one system and then, manuaqlly,
copy those changes"?

I use digikam in my laptop, and my parents use it in their computer at their
house. When I make changes in some pictures (and those changes are saved in
the picture metadata), when their start digikam, it scans for changes and
updates the metadata in their database. If some pictures were removed, they
are also removed from their digikam database. And viceversa. We both use
digikam 6.0 beta.

So in that way it's possible to keep two digikam databases in sync, if
that's what you mean. If you mean the configuration files, then I'm not sure
(you could sync them using rsync, unison, or something, maybe).