[digiKam-users] Odd problem with tags, a sort of 'ghost' tag

meku digikam at meku.org
Fri Sep 28 01:15:18 BST 2018

I have used a MySQL procedure to rebuild the entire tree in database so it
is runs in seconds, whereas re-importing metadata from files takes several
hours. The tags tree is a standard nested set model so there is much
information on the internet about this type of tree structure.

This solution is probably only applicable if you are using the external
database option in Digikam, and always backup your database. The source is
made available here:
https://github.com/mcdamo/digikam-scripts/blob/master/digikam-tags-check.sql