[digiKam-users] Odd problem with tags, a sort of 'ghost' tag

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Wed Sep 26 21:21:40 BST 2018

I have been sorting out the tags on a lot of my images.

In particular I have been merging some 'place' tags which managed to
get under different headings, for example I had places/UK/wales/anglesey and
places/wales/anglesey.

So now I have some images which show lots of different tag settings
according to how I view them:-

    Hovering over the thumbnail shows 'Anglesey'.

    Selecting 'UK' under tags in the left sidebar shows the image.

    Selecting 'UK' in the tags filter on the RHS (with all albums
    selected on the left) shows nothing.

    Viewing the tags with exiv2 or exiftool shows
    'Xmp.digiKam.TagsList [seq Text] = ['Places/Wales/North Wales/Anglesey']
    which is what I'd expect.

Is it simply that the Digikam database is out of step with the image
metadata?  How can I re-copy *all* metadata from images to the database?

--
Chris Green
ยท