[digiKam-users] Properties tab: Change fields aligment to improve legibility (usability)

Rafael Linux rafael.linux.user at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 12:09:56 BST 2018

I'm working with a 24" monitor, with my default font at 120ppi, to make it
readable. I have usually some copies or versions of my photos, that some
software rename to "filename_001.ext", for example. Typically, my filenames
include the date (YYYY-MM-DD) and some name. Nothing unusual, I think, so
the filename could be usually at 25-30 characters.When I'm using Digikam, as
filename doesn't fit below the thumbnail and the "tooltip" is slower, I
always have enabled the "Properties" tab. This way, I change from image to
image using cursor keys while I'm seeing in the properties tab the filename
and the lenses I used to take the photo. However, most of time the text
doesn't fit in the properties dock, when it could fit without needing to
make stretch the dock with a interesting change in the properties tab: To
make all fields to be aligned to left, instead center aligned. The result
will be less aesthetic, but more readable and usable, making a better use of
the properties area IMHO like user.