[digiKam-users] When do tags get written to image file(s) - how to delete a tag?

woenx marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 20 17:41:24 BST 2018

In theory metadata should be written to the picture file if you have
configure it this way (checking the boxes on: Settings, Configure digikam,
Metadata, Behavior). I use digikam in two computers and I know for sure
metadata is written in each picture file, as changes appear at the other
computer after new items are scanned at startup.

Sometimes the database is not refreshed after metadata has been written to
the file, and you have to select "Item, Reread metadata from file" to
refresh it manually. It usually happens with Dates, but Tags are normally
refreshed automatically.

If you want to make sure the metadata is in the file, you can use a
different tool to visualize it (e.g. http://exif.regex.info/exif.cgi )

I hope I helped.