[digiKam-users] When do tags get written to image file(s) - how to delete a tag?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Thu Sep 20 17:24:02 BST 2018

I hope I'm not becoming a big nuisance asking all these questions. :-)

I'm a bit confused about the order in which tag changes (and
especially tag deletions) happen.

I deleted a tag using the Tag Manager and assumed that would delete it
from the image so I then did "Read tags from image".  However it would
appear that my idea of how this works is all wrong as the deleted tag
came back.

So, after using the Tag Manager (or manipulating tags in any other
way) how do I guarantee that all my changes are in the image files?
I need them to be there for other programs to use them.

--
Chris Green
ยท