[digiKam-users] Sharing Digikam albums - what are the issues?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Tue Sep 18 15:43:01 BST 2018

I have a large[ish] main 'pictures' album on my desktop machine and
use Digikam to manage it.

If I want to duplicate the installation on my laptop what sort of
issues might I run into?

The laptop and the desktop both run xubuntu 18.10 and I will
(probably) run Digikam 5.9 from an Appimage on both.

As long as I don't run Digikam on both systems at the same time can I
synchronise the two (using rsync or whatever) without problems?  Will
Digikam's databases (I use sqlite) be OK being synchronised like this?

--
Chris Green
ยท