[digiKam-users] Keyboard dumb question?

HaJo Schatz hajo at hajo.net
Tue Sep 18 04:19:46 BST 2018

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 2:15 AM Maik Qualmann <metzpinguin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, Meta == Windows key. Ctrl + Meta + F1 works as it should. Console 1
> is
> CTRL + Alt + F1.

Emacs user here. To me, the "Meta"-key is, on a PC keyboard, the <ALT> key.
I'd call the <Windows>  key "Super"-key instead. Which is what I've also
seen across the web so far. CTRL-Meta-Fx then indeed switches consoles as
expected :)

Not in front of a Linux box now but, afair, the Super-key gets intercepted
by gnome-shell instantly to go to the activities screen. It may be very
tricky to assign this as a combination to other shortcuts; sequence of key
presses (CTRL first or Super first) may indeed matter.