[digiKam-users] Is there any way to stop Exif Caption being copied to Description?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Tue Sep 18 13:49:51 BST 2018

Maik Qualmann <metzpinguin at gmail.com> wrote:
> DigiKam-5.6.0 is too old, you could use the AppImage digiKam-5.9.0. However,
> the last fix for this issue was added to digiKam-6.0.0.
>
> Beta 1 AppImage:
> https://files.kde.org/digikam/
>
> If you want to use the beta, make a backup of the database, because
> digiKam-6.0.0 makes changes and if you want to return to an older version.

Digikam x.x is *always* too old!  It's one of the major issues I have
with Digikam, it's all very well improving it all the time but we
'ordinary' people out here need a solid reliable Digikam that comes
with a solid reliable distribution.

However I guess I might try the 5.9 Appimage and see if it helps.  I
think 6.0 is still too 'beta' and thus a bit risky.

--
Chris Green
ยท