[digiKam-users] MySQL Issues with dk6,beta 1 DATETIME(3) problem

Tac Tacelosky tacman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 21:16:43 BST 2018

I created a free MySQL database on https://www.freemysqlhosting.net/ to
test DigiKam with the external MySQL database.  Creating the database
fails, the issue is with

 modificationDate DATETIME(3)

when creating the Images table.  It works without the (3).

On a related note, my installation is "stuck" now.  The database
information is stored, when I try to start the application, it failed when
trying to create the database and aborts.  I'd like to switch it back to
SQLIte until I can figure out a solution.  But the app dies before I can
get the opportunity to change it.

I see there's a --config option, but I can't find any documentation on it.
I'm restarting it by pointing to a sqlite directory, but it's a bit
awkward.  Where is the --config option documented?

Thanks

Tac