[digiKam-users] KDE vs appimage

NeiNei neinei at gmx.net
Fri Sep 7 07:37:45 BST 2018

Hi there,
I second Andrey and Gilles.
First of all I also look forward on a "Open with ..." functionalty in
Windows and MacOSX since a long time. I also plagued Gilles with it but
I see that I will take ressources for platform-specific changes.

Towards the appimage discussion.
For a productive use, it feels like a stranger on my desktop
environments, especially when you compare it with Digikam working in the
KDE desktop. So I use an appimage for testing some new features or fixes
in Digikam. For this purpose the appimage feels right for me. For
productive work I choose Manjaro KDE because there new DigiKam version
are quickly available in the software updates (package manager).

--NeiNei