[digiKam-users] KDE vs appimage

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 16:03:30 BST 2018

I would go for KDE over XFCE any time if I had a choice but that is my
preference.
Reasons for my choice are:
- Dolphin - in my opinion it is the best file manager ever. I use it on my
Windows 10 work laptop too but it is way more powerful on Linux.
- I like how easy it is to integrate scripts running in konsole to the
system's Open With menu and digikam. I use scripts to compress my video
files, locate a single image in a folder, read metadata using exiftool, fix
dates using exiftool, etc. etc. All that I call via a right click - open
with from digikam. I tried MATE DE but I was not able to make it work as
smooth as on KDE.

Best regards,
Andrey