[digiKam-users] batch process for tagging

digikam at 911networks.com digikam at 911networks.com
Thu Sep 6 22:20:14 BST 2018

On Thu, 6 Sep 2018 15:10:47 -0500
Fabiola Iannarilli <fabiola.iannarilli at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using digikam to process camera trap pictures and add
> information on the species 'captured' as EXIF data using tags.

[...]

> Is there a way to add the tags to all the pictures taken at a
> camera site (i.e., pictures in all the folders of that camera)
> using a batch process so that I can run it when I am not at the
> computer?

I don't know about DK but exiftool will do it:

exiftool '-filename<${model;} ${datetimeoriginal}' -d "%Y-%m-%d-%H.%M.%S%.%%e" /directory/filename.ext

(watch for the wrap)

will give "Canon 7d 2018-09-06-12:01:32.cr2"

see http://u88.n24.queensu.ca/exiftool/forum/index.php/topic,2961
(Phil Harvey himself)

--
sknahT