[digiKam-users] Grouping images by filename

krz.kapusta krz.kapusta at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 20:29:40 BST 2018

Hi

I noticed that the "Group Selected By Filename" option groups images with
only exactly matching filenames. This is great for a wide variety of use
cases, but definitely not all of them.

I am mostly working with images and videos out of my GoPro. Sometimes with
photo series or even long timelapses. It would be great if Digikam
recognized these and grouped all series automatically together.

Usually images have filenames that end with an incrementing number.
Moreover time difference between photos is the same in the entire series.

I wanted to start contributing to the project and this caught my interest.
What do you think about this feature?