[digiKam-users] Anyone with a +300K photos internal mysql database?

Rob Dueckman duke at dukey.org
Fri Oct 19 15:39:31 BST 2018

I have found that the majority of the startup time is spent reading the
similarity database.
Startup takes about 8 minutes on a image collection of about 400K
images.  Most of the time is spent on the query "SELECT value FROM
ImageSimilarity WHERE ( imageid1=? OR imageid2=? ) AND algorithm=?
..."  (I don't have any of the query after the ?.  Sorry)
Nothing is logged to the console while reading the database.If I
replace the similarity database with a blank one, startup is reduced to
about 34 seconds.
If I re-build the database, start up times are again slow.
This is running DK6 Beta2 Oct 15 release.
Rob