[digiKam-users] dk 5.9 freezes under certain conditions - addition

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Wed Oct 17 16:41:01 BST 2018

On 17.10.18 17:05, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Did you seen that :
>
> digikam.dbengine: Database is locked. Waited 0
> digikam.dbengine: Detected locked database file. There is an active
> transaction. Waited but giving up now.

Yes, I have seen it, but I don't know what to do about it... Don't know
why the database is locked. It was the only digikam process (I checked
before starting the test) and there should be nobody else accessing that
database...

> digikam.dbengine: Failure executing query:
>   "SELECT latitude, latitudeNumber, longitude, longitudeNumber,
> altitude, orientation, tilt, roll, accuracy, description FROM
> ImagePositions WHERE imageid=?;"

These images I used for the test today are from a canon 5 Mk 2 that
doesn't have geo data. But it also happens with images from a Mk 4, that
has gps data.

> Error messages: "Der Datensatz konnte nicht abgeholt werden" "database
> table is locked: ImagePositions" 6 1
> Bound values:  (QVariant(qlonglong, 236104))
>
> This can explain the time latency

> Also, there are a lots of screen warnings from Qt :
>
> QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 46222, resource id:
> 71303465, major code: 2 (ChangeWindowAttributes), minor code: 0
>
> Typically, something is badly configured somewhere with your X11 server.
> This can also introduce time latency to draw application widget on screen.

I've seen this. I thought "BadWindow" was a Linux-message about bad, bad
microsoft (joke, :-) ). Of course I don't know what this could mean,
where it comes from and what I can do about it...

I do have problems with my graphics card. It is an asus laptop with this
nvidia/intel optimus thing, something that Linux obviously can't handle.

I tried many things with hints from opensuse mailing lists and it is
possible that my display things are f***ed-up for the many changes and
back-changes - but I have no idea where to look and how to find out.
Actually it only runs with the poor power of intel graphics, nvidia is
there for nothing...

I guess trying with a fresh user wouldn't change anything???

> Q : did you use color management with ICM profiles ?

No, these are old photos, just the jpg's as they came out of the camera
and without color management.