[digiKam-users] Problem converting tags from 5.9.0 to 6 beta 2

digikam at 911networks.com digikam at 911networks.com
Sun Oct 14 18:39:57 BST 2018

Problem:

Last year, I spent a couple of weeks setting my tags in DK and
cleaning them from my previous Lightroom.

My settings in 5.9 were:

* read from sidecar
* write to sidecar
write to XMP sidecar only

Total Items: 46826
Albums: 294
Tags: 231

Database backend: QSQLITE
Database Path: /drive-b/photos/

Today I downloaded 6beta2 and started it.

1. Instead of converting the database, it did a full read of all the
photos and imported the data from the XMPs
2. Instead of using the 5.9.0 data, DK6beta2 imported the
data from the old Lightroom and not from the digikam4.db from
5.9.0

So as a result, I'm missing a lot of tags, plenty of
title/captions... The color labels and ratings did go through.

I'd like to go back to the 5.9.0 data

Question:

In 5.9.0: which settings should I set so that DK over-writes the
existing XMPs to have the 5.9.0 in the XMPs and not have any of the
Lightroom data that is still stored in the XMPs?

I'm willing to delete all the existing XMPs if necessary (I have 2
full backups)

--
sknahT

vyS