[digiKam-users] Tag deletions not always working in 6.0beta1

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Fri Oct 5 20:16:41 BST 2018

I'm running Digikam 6.0beta1 on xubuntu 18.04.  I'm doing major
tidying up of my tags hierarchy and I'm fairly sure that sometimes
tags are failing to get deleted.

The typical case is as follows:-

    A number of images have both /Animal/Domestic/Dog/Petra and
    /Animals and Pets/Dog/Petra as tags.

    I delete the /Animals and Pets/Dog/Petra tag

    I delete the /Animals and Pets/Dog tag

I've done a lot of deletions similar to the above. The next day when I
restarted Digikam I found just one image still has the /Animals and
Pets/Dog/Petra tag.

It's as if there's an incorrect count somewhere when it deletes the
tag and it deletes them all except one.

It's quite hard to pin down and make it repeatable but, as I said, I'm
pretty sure there's something not quite right.

--
Chris Green
ยท