[digiKam-users] How to 'clone' a Digikam installation to another computer?

woenx marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 4 13:35:30 BST 2018

Syv, I do not use the sidecar files, I directly add the XMP and EXIF
information to the image file, modifying the image every time I change
something. While in theory is safer to use sidecar files, it's easier to
modify pictures directly if several people use that picture library.

Among all the dates that a picture file can store (two or three in each
EXIF, XMP and IPTC), I think digikam sets a priority for each one and ends
up choosing one.