[digiKam-users] How to 'clone' a Digikam installation to another computer?

digikam at 911networks.com digikam at 911networks.com
Wed Oct 3 17:26:43 BST 2018

On Wed, 3 Oct 2018 11:18:52 -0500 (CDT)
woenx <marcpalaus at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have had no problems with tags so far. Have you tried the option
> "update file timestamp when files are modified"? (it is in
> settings, configure, metadata). I personally have it disabled, but
> may help digikam detect when changes have been made.

Sorry, but I don't understand.

There's the image file and the sidecar (the xmp). The image file is
supposed to never be changed, only the sidecars are
created/updated...

So if you change the timestamp on the image, what about the exif
data? It won't match anymore. Would that potentially cause problems
down the road?

What are the implication of modifying the image files?

--
Thanks

Syv