[digiKam-users] How can I keep Digikam synchronized on two systems?

woenx marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 1 21:54:29 BST 2018

I use unison to sync the pictures in the two computers, which internally uses
rsync. https://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/

As long as the changes are saved to the pictures themselves, another digikam
instance should detect them when scanning for new items on startup.

First of all, change something in a picture (like adding a Tag), and make
sure these are saved to the file (Sometimes doing right click->Properties is
enough to see the tags).

Then I'd sync the pictures, and make sure those changes are propagated to
the other computer.

Lastly, make sure the options "Scan for new items at startup" and "Remove
obsolete core database objects" are enabled in Settings-> Configure->
Miscellaneous.

And that's it. It works fine for me in digikam 6.0 beta.