[digiKam-users] How can I keep Digikam synchronized on two systems?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Mon Oct 1 21:43:28 BST 2018

woenx <marcpalaus at hotmail.com> wrote:
> What do you mean exactly by "make changes on one system and then, manuaqlly,
> copy those changes"?

By "make changes" I mean change metadata and/or tags (which are
metadata really).

> I use digikam in my laptop, and my parents use it in their computer at their
> house. When I make changes in some pictures (and those changes are saved in
> the picture metadata), when their start digikam, it scans for changes and
> updates the metadata in their database. If some pictures were removed, they
> are also removed from their digikam database. And viceversa. We both use
> digikam 6.0 beta.

Well I thought that's what I was doing but it doesn't seem to work.
When I change tags on one system the changes don't seem to get to the
other sytstem.

How do you copy the changes from your laptop to your parents' system?
I'm using rsync with the --update option.

> So in that way it's possible to keep two digikam databases in sync, if
> that's what you mean. If you mean the configuration files, then I'm not sure
> (you could sync them using rsync, unison, or something, maybe).

No, I don't mean the configuration.

I'll do some more trials of a few changes on one system, copying the
files and then looking to see how things are on the other system.

--
Chris Green
ยท