[digiKam-users] fdk-aac support in appimage

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 15:38:30 GMT 2018

Hello Gilles,

I am wondering if you compile ffmpeg with fdk-aac codec within the appimage.
Looks like the latest beta appimage can't play such files so I guess the
answer is no.
I have noticed that VLC, ffmpeg, Handbrake, etc. dropped fdk-aac support by
default due to some licensing issues and was wondering what is your opinion
on this.

I do have many videos coded using fdk-aac and I have to decide now on
whether I recode all of them with another codec or just recompile ffmpeg,
VLC and digikam myself.

Best regards,
Andrey