[digiKam-users] DK6b3 hogs CPU

digikam at 911networks.com digikam at 911networks.com
Wed Nov 7 14:35:34 GMT 2018

On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 09:21:48 +0100
Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> wrote:

> We need more information here :
>
> Which kind of database ?

SQLITE

> Where are located database file ?

on a second local drive sata3: /dev/sdb1

> Where are the collections ? local ? Remote ?

all local to the on the second drive /dev/sdb1

> What's kind of debug trace do you see on the console while you
> apply labels ?

I don't see any debug. It was running slow so I started HTOP to see
if there was something else in the background.

https://i.imgur.com/rMCLz1j.png     and
https://i.imgur.com/fdChpz8.png

> Did you use XMP sidecar files ?

yes

> Do you reproduce the dysfunction for all items in collections or
> only few one ?

all

> As you can see the equation is complex and just a parameter can
> introduce a dysfunction.

here are the db stats

digikam version 6.0.0-beta3
Images: