[digiKam-users] digikam and inaturalist integration

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Tue May 15 06:36:05 BST 2018

On mardi 15 mai 2018 02:20:36 CEST Matthieu wrote:
(...)
> Secondly, like I said, I use inaturalist to identify animals and plants I
> shooted. After that, I set the appropriate taxonomy labels on my pictures.
> Taxonomy is well documented but it's a mess to have to define all the
> related labels.
> Did someone has already did this job?

I use taxonomic labels, but the tag tree only contains the tags I find useful.
Which means that I usually go down to family level (or genus for some specific
groups), and I don't bother with all the levels between order and family. At
least one of the groups I'm interested in isn't really well-defined yet, so
names change regularly, and grouping of (plant) families also tends to change
every so often. Redoing the tree is a hassle.

In addition, I don't use the tags to find a specific species, but just to reduce
the number of images to be checked.

> Is there a way to export and import labels in digikam? I can't find
> currently any solutions to imports labels.
Neither can I, and it might be a nice addition (it would also allow easy
import of standard tag trees).

Remco