[digiKam-users] Problems opening image in darktable

Terry Duell tduell at iinet.net.au
Thu May 3 00:34:09 BST 2018

On Thu, 03 May 2018 09:08:41 +1000, Terry Duell <tduell at iinet.net.au>
wrote:

> On Wed, 02 May 2018 17:15:59 +1000, Andrew Goodbody
> <ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> This is not down to digikam, but to Gnome and Fedora. If you install
>> gnome-tweak-tool that will let you restore the maximise and minimise
>> buttons to the window decorations and restore a bit of sanity to your
>> life.
>
> I'm not running Gnome, I'm using Cinnamon.
> Do you expect the gnome-tweak-tool to still be the solution?
> I should add that all I could find in the repositories for F28 was
> "gnome-tweaks", I assume that's what you mean.

It would seem that the problem is with Cinnamon.
If I boot into Gnome-classic, Digikam window displays the minimise icon,
which works OK, and "open with darktable" brings darktable to the front.
Looks like I need to file a bug report with Fedora, unless anyone knows of
some other settings that might be affecting this behaviour.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell