[digiKam-users] DigiKam and multiple computers -- best practices

Stefan Mueller stefan.mueller.83 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 11:13:44 BST 2018

answer the question what is the difference between Cp1252 to UTF-8.
According to What characters do not directly map from Cp1252 to UTF-8? on
stackoverflow
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26324622/what-characters-do-not-directly-map-from-cp1252-to-utf-8>
and
Wikipedia <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows-1252#Code_page_layout>,
  positions
81, 8D, 8F, 90, and 9D are unused; however, the Windows API
MultiByteToWideChar maps these to the corresponding C1 control codes
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C0_and_C1_control_codes>.

hope that helps
stefan