[digiKam-users] DigiKam and multiple computers -- best practices

karsten_df karsten.defreese at posteo.de
Tue Mar 27 06:44:13 BST 2018

woenx wrote
> The linux machine uses UTF-8, but the windows 10 computer just said
> "System". I think everything was displayed correctly in digikam, but I'm
> afraid of corrupting data. Anyone had some experience with this?

Same thing here - it seems WIN10 uses utf-8 internally (but a specific
locale can be set for applications not supporting utf-8). So far I have not
come across any problems apart from the warning message, but my experience
is limited.
If there really are no issues with this configuration, it may make sense to
have an option to disable the warning.