[digiKam-users] DigiKam and multiple computers -- best practices

cool.chris65 at web.de cool.chris65 at web.de
Thu Mar 22 19:21:14 GMT 2018

Hi,

my installation looks like this:
I've a NAS in my network at home, where the pics are stored on, and I can
reach them over nfs- or cifs-share.

The database I stored in a mariadb-server which is on the same nas

At least it is important, that the mount onto the system from where you want
to run DK is allways the same, eg:

Notebook: /mnt/pictures
Desktop: /mnt/pictures

So it needs just the first time a little bit to scan for new item on each
system, but you can work on each system with just the same datas without
storing thme more than one time.

Greetz, Christoph