[digiKam-users] Digikam stuck/frozen on Apple OS X (to Gilles Caulier)

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 13:53:48 GMT 2018

> Hi Gilles,
>
> There is no special info to investigate. Please report this trace in a new
> bugzilla entry for future hack to plan
>
>         sorry, where do I do that?

Simple. Follow instruction here :

https://www.digikam.org/contribute/

> Also, in the last email, you said:
>
> recompiled from scratch with same components version (through Macport), to
> include compatibility with recent MacOs.
>
>         are there instructions for this by any chance? Should I just grab
> the Linux version and try to compile it myself on MacOS? I'm comfortable
> compiling a project with a Makefile and such, but I'm not sure what role
> Macports is playing here.

yes. Look in this folder from git/master source code :

https://github.com/KDE/digikam/tree/master/project/bundles/macports

All is explained. There are scripts to automatize all tasks. You need to
checkout the source code with git on your computer of course...

Best