[digiKam-users] Long shot re Digikam impact on Drives

Sveinn í Felli sv1 at fellsnet.is
Tue Mar 20 16:04:50 GMT 2018

Twice I have run into this kind of a problem (not related to DigiKam):
First I slaughtered a couple of HDDs and could trace it to faulty
RAM-modules (got plenty of segfaults), the second was a broken e-PCI
socket (swapped the cable from the HDD to another socket) which cost me
another couple of HDDs.

But both were really due to lack of proper earthing of my house/street
(which was supposed to be via the once metallic geothermal water-pipes,
then a genius from the municipality replaced them with plastic tubes and
did not lay any copper earthing for replacement...) ;-(
Lost at least 3 motherboards and a bunch of other gear because of this.

Best regards,
Sveinn í Felli

Þann þri 20.mar 2018 15:01, skrifaði Derek Keats: