[digiKam-users] tags

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 16:43:58 GMT 2018

Hi,

Face tags are stored in a dedicated section from XMP (standardized by
Adobe), and of course, Shotwell must read this section for
inter-operability.

https://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/TagNames/MWG.html#Regions

digiKam code with tags list set :

https://cgit.kde.org/digikam.git/tree/libs/dmetadata/dmetadata.cpp#n1671

If Shotwell do not read the standard, we cannot do it instead (:=)))...

To tag in batch, you can use Exiftool or Exiv2 CLI tool.